Van Note-Harvey Associates Corporate Culture Statement
Van Note-Harvey Associates is dedicated to maintaining a creative, diverse work environment and providing employees with state-of-the-art equipment, resources, education, and elements which lend motivated individuals the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. Our experienced and skilled employees are the heart of our organization, which affords us the ability to successfully provide our clients with the optimum professional services required in today’s competitive, ever-changing industry.
We take pride in hiring insightful personnel who are well-versed in their respective field(s). This has made Van Note-Harvey one of the leading engineering, environmental consulting, and land surveying companies in the Tri-State Area for over one hundred years.
We offer a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, health and dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance and a company-matched 401(k) Employee Retirement Savings Plan.
For consideration, please send your resume & salary requirements in confidence to: email@example.com
Van Note-Harvey Associates is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws. Accordingly, VNHA will hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified individuals without discrimination of race, color, creed, religion, sex, ethnicity, marital status, economic status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or military status.
All employment decisions will be based on job-related standards and VNHA’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, including but not limited to: hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment, layoff, discharge, rate of pay, and selection for training.
AutoCAD Technician | Princeton | May 6, 2019
VNHA currently has an opening in its Princeton office for a full-time Survey Technician. Under direction of the department manager, the applicant is expected to prepare all types of surveying and engineering CAD drawings (including ALTA, boundary, and existing conditions plans, construction layouts, and grade sheets); coordinate with survey field crew(s) and process electronic field book entries for importing into CAD platform; incorporate subdivision plats and drawing files into maps; create and modify maps for special assignments, and other duties as assigned. Experience with MicroStation and any survey and/or engineering-related college coursework a plus but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED (College Degree a Plus)
- Minimum of three (3) years recent experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 or later
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in land surveying-related CAD work.
- Strong math and computer skills
- Valid driver’s license (clean record)
CAD Manager | Princeton | May 6, 2019
Van Note-Harvey Associates, Inc., a multi-discipline site/civil engineering and surveying firm with offices in Princeton and Cape May Court House, New Jersey, currently has an opening in its Princeton office for a full-time AutoCAD Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In coordination with the IT Department, coordinate and manage all updates to and deployments of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software.
- Provide software training to all users, including creating content for and organizing attendance at training sessions.
- Assist users with solutions to software-related issues.
- Develop CAD and BIM data management and software workflows.
- Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for CAD and BIM workflows.
- Manage technical support cases with software companies, in conjunction with IT Department.
- Provide guidance to company stockholders responsible for technology expenditures.
- Assist project managers with daily production, as needed.
Proficiency in any of the following is a plus but not required: Leica Cyclone, Leica Infinity, ESRI ArcMap, Autodesk Infraworks, Bentley PondPack, and/or WaterCAD.
Autodesk AutoCAD or Autodesk Civil 3D Professional Certification, and/or Autodesk Expert Elite also a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) experience.
- Must be proficient in the most recent versions of Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Civil 3D.
AutoCAD Technician | Cape May Court House | May 6, 2019
VNHA currently has an opening in its Cape May Court House office for a full-time AutoCAD Technician. Under direction of the department manager, the applicant is expected to perform technically complex survey and engineering duties, including preparation of all types of CAD drawings (survey plans, site plans, utility plans, and road plays) within budget and schedule deadlines, coordinate with survey field crews, and similar duties as needed.
Experience with MicroStation and any survey and/or engineering-related college coursework a plus but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of three (3) years recent experience
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 or later
- Processing of electronic field book entries for importing into CAD platform
- Strong math and computer skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently
Professional Engineer/Project Manager | Princeton | May 6, 2019
VNHA currently has an opening in its Princeton office for a full-time Professional Engineer Project Manager. Under direction from the Department Manager, the applicant is expected to act as a Project Manager for site design projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking the lead as Project Billing Manager on site design projects, including:
- Monitoring staff workflow and production of documents, and providing guidance as necessary.
- Monitoring project budgets and timelines.
- Advising clients as necessary to changes and/or updates to projects.
- Issuing proposals for new projects.
- Providing sworn testimony to municipal boards and other local boards and committees.
- Coordinating with clients, co-workers, and subconsultants as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Civil Engineering.
- Current New Jersey Professional Engineer’s License.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in project management of site design projects.
- Experience in proposal writing.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience providing public testimony to municipal boards and other local boards and committees.
- Experience with state and municipal land use permitting.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 or later.
Pennsylvania Professional Engineer’s License and/or experience with river and stormwater modeling software a plus but not required.
Civil Design Engineer | Princeton | May 6, 2019
VNHA currently has an opening in its Princeton office for a full-time entry-level Design Engineer. Under direction from the department manager, the applicant is expected to complete engineering design of site development projects, within budgetary and time deadlines, including drawings, supporting calculations, and report writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of three (3) to four (4) years experience in civil engineering.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 or later.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, stormwater management, utility design, erosion control, municipal and land use regulatory approvals, etc.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license (clean record).
NJ Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification and/or experience with land use permitting and/or river and stormwater modeling software (e.g., HEC-RAS, Pondpack, Bentley software) a plus but not required.
Environmental Scientist | Princeton | May 6, 2019
VNHA currently has an opening for an Environmental Scientist for the Princeton office. Under direction from the Environmental Services Department Manager, the employee is expected to plan and complete field work and sampling for mapping and report purposes, and prepare land use applications, environmental applications, and technical reports.
AutoCAD and GIS experience a plus but not required.
• Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science or related degree
• Three (3) to five (5) years of recent experience (additional experience a plus)
• Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Receptionist | Cape May Court House | May 6, 2019
VNHA currently has an opening in its Cape May Court House office for a full-time Receptionist. Under direction from the office manager, the applicant is expected to greet and direct all incoming visitors, answer, screen, and forward all incoming phone calls, receive, sort, and distribute daily mail and deliveries, maintain filing, and assist the Office Manager and other staff with their daily office support needs as appropriate.
• HS Diploma or GED (College degree a plus)
• Minimum two (2) recent years of experience
• Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Strong communication skills and professional appearance